Mike D. Robinson - President, ROK Construction Services
Michael Robinson directs ROK Construction Services Operations, which includes managing all construction management and cost estimation activity. His responsibilities include: development of cost models, supervision of project teams, performing value engineering and construction design studies. Michael also supervises field operations from developing and monitoring project schedules to reviewing project budgets, ensuring quality control, and managing field resources.
Michael began his career in the construction industry in 1983 after receiving his engineering degree from Lawrence Technological University. He acted as in-house facility project manager for McDonnell Douglas as well as owning and managing several general contracting firms in Southern California and Michigan. He is skilled in all aspects of construction from conceptual estimation to project punchlist and closeout. His project experience varies in size from high-end office renovations, medical centers, educational facilities, industrial facility renovations and additions to a 250 million dollar new casino facility.
Among the clients Michael has worked with throughout his career are: Ameristar Casino/Hotel Convention Center, Cumberland YMCA, Golling Pontiac, Gordon Goodman & Acker, Metz Baking, McDonnell Douglas, Oakland University, Oakland Community College, Southgate Medical Center, Detroit Medical Center, Edison Project Charter Schools, Cranbrook Institute, Rieke Corporation, TriMas Corporation, Meridian Automotive, and Metaldyne Corporation
TAU BETA PI – National Engineering Honor Society
Licensed Builder in the State of Florida
B. S. Construction Engineering, Lawrence Technological University
Personal Project Experience
- Ameristar Casino/Hotel, High rise Hotel & Convention Area, Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Fountains at Franklin, 200,000 SF, Site Renovation & Building Addition
- Oakland University, 19,000 SF Ground Maintenance Facility Office and Garage Facility
- Oakland Community College 45,000 SF, Bldg. B Renovation Classroom & Laboratory
- Cumberland YMCA, 17,000 SF YMCA Facility, Pool & Ice Rink
- Irvine Company Retail, 28 Locations, Miscellaneous Retail Buildouts
- Southgate Medical Center 22,000 SF, New Dialysis Clinic
- Norfolk Southern Distribution, 19,000 SF, Expansion to Railway Distribution Facility
- Lakeland Arena, Ice Rink Addition
- W.W. Granger, New Retail & Distribution Facility
- Rochester Hills, Fire Station #3 New Fire Station
- Golling Pontiac, 37,000 SF New Auto Dealership Facility
- Metz Baking, 6,000 SF Bldg. Addition & 12,000 SF Renovation for a Distribution and Retail Facility
- Edison Project Charter Schools, Renovation to Four Existing Public Schools.
- Metaldyne Corp. Headquarters, Renovation to Existing 38,000 SF Facility.
- Rieke Corp. 60,000 SF Industrial Renovation and Building Addition.
- TriMas Towing Products, 390,000 SF Industrial Facility Renovation.
- Meridian Automotive, 60,000 SF Industrial Facility Renovation.